QUESTION: Is boxing effective in street fights?
Boxing is effective on the street for many reasons:
- Streetfights are punchfights – most streetfighting is done mostly with punching, and then wrestling next, and then to an even lesser degree, kicking.
- Boxing defends you against punches and brawlers – in boxing, you learn how to deal with typical streetbrawlers from day one. And you get comfortable dealing with punches.
- A great punch ends the fight quickly – using wrestling or judo might be nice but if you can knock the guy out, the fight ends sooner. Few guys can withstand a well-placed punch.
- You get to stay on your feet – using wrestling is awesome but if you can stay on your feet in order to run away or be able to watch your own back, that’s better.
- You can deal with more opponents – 2 on 1 situations are never going to be in your favor. But you have a better chance of dealing with 2 guys quickly if you have a knockout weapon that can take out a guy. If you’re wrestling, it still takes time to subdue an opponent and his friend can attack you from behind.
Hi, I absolutely agree with you. Because the human brain controls hands, and not other parts of the body. In addition, the hands are very mobile, spend less energy than the legs (knees), struggle (fatigue will make the toughest guy a coward). The majority of knockouts in mixed martial arts is carried out through the actions of the hands, and I described for some reason what is above. Boxing is very effective when compared to other martial arts separately. I also think that boxing is better even in mixed martial arts, because a person concentrates only on his hands and gets better and better. In mixed martial arts, you can chase two hares and not catch one (I mean, you beat them there with your feet, your elbows, your grappling and, as a result, the mediocre fighter who simply cannot oppose the boxer). For example, there is Conor McGregor, who surpasses all his rivals in boxing and how he easily defeats them. Good luck!
Please do a piece on how to explain Vasyl Lomachencko. I don’t understand how he’s so much better than everybody else. It’s unlike any type of fighter I’ve ever seen.
You mean like this one? Vasyl Lomachenko – 7 Southpaw Boxing Footwork Tricks